I’ve only gotten one manicure in the last year. Even before the pandemic which temporarily closed down nail salons, I’ve been relying on what I consider to be the best press on nails!
I honestly can’t believe it’s taken me this long to write this post, but if you’ve been following me on Instagram (give your girl a follow here) then there’s a 100% chance that you’ve heard me talk about Static Nails (get $5 off with my link). Ever since I found out about these non-toxic, non-damaging, reusable press on nails, they have been my go-to for all of my manicure needs.
Not only are they easy to apply, under $16 and gorgeous, but they can last for up to 3 weeks if applied correctly. For context, I’m very rough with my hands, wash them up to a dozen times a day, type on a computer 7/7 days a week on top of being very clumsy, and they still almost always stay on for 2-3 weeks. And as I mentioned above, they are reusable! I usually reuse each pair at least once. Did I mention that most colors don’t chip?
The Best Press On Nails
Normally people are a little skeptical when I tell them that my flawless manicure was applied at home and that they last for so long, but it’s true. I’ve worn these nails all over the world and feel very confident saying that Static Nails are the best press on manicure solution on the market!
Every person who has purchased them at my recommendation falls in love and never looks back. And honestly, I am saving so much money by not getting expensive professional manicures anymore. I still do get pedicures because I love the pampering experience and want to support local businesses, though 🙂
The nails come in 4 different styles- round (short), almond (medium), square (short), stiletto (long), and coffin (medium/long). My favorite and the most durable are the coffin style! These are the ones I’ve had the most success with. I am wearing Madamoiselle in coffin in the photos in this post, but there are dozens are colors and designs to choose from.
Each kit comes with 24 nails in a variety of sizes (so they will fit almost every size nail), non-damaging glue, and a buffer/file combo. Try Static Nails with a $5 gift card when you use my link.
These non-damaging press on nails are perfect for:
- Special events (depending on how you apply them, they can last for 1 day or several weeks)
- Replacing your weekly/monthly professional manicure
- People looking to reverse nail damage from acrylic or gel nails
- Women looking to create a beautiful at-home manicure
- People wanting to save money on their beauty routine!
Below I’m going to share how to apply the nails to make them last up to 3 weeks!
How To Make Static Nails Press On Nails Last For 2+ Weeks
Before we get started you will need the following items to apply your manicure:
- Static Nails (included in your kit)
- Non-damaging nail glue (included in your kit)
- Double-sided nail file (included in your kit)
- Rubbing alcohol (not included)
- Cotton ball or pad (not included)
- Optional: electric nail filing tool, nail clippers, cuticle removers
1. File or clip your nails down so they’re not too long. The nails fit better on shorter nails.
2. Try to push back any cuticle on your nail (not a deal-breaker if you can’t). I like to use this electric nail tool to help buff and remove cuticles.
3. Wipe your nails and surrounding area around your nail bed with alcohol using a cotton ball. This step is VERY important and can not be skipped.
4. Buff your nails really well. They need to be rough and have a little texture to them so the glue has something to stick to. You can do this by using the black side of the nail file that’s included in your kit.
5. Wipe your nails with alcohol again.
6. Fit all of the nails that you’re going to use and line them up! It’ll make putting them on much easier and less room for error.
7. Put the glue on your nail first and then put a tiny dot on the Static Nail, then press and hold for 10-20 seconds. Press down on the middle of the nail when applying so you don’t get glue on your finger! If you only want the nails to last for a few days, only put the glue on the nail.
8. Let your nails set for at least 2-3 minutes before moving on to the next hand.
9. Repeat steps 5 – 8 on your other hand.
10. Enjoy your beautiful manicure!
These are the exact steps I take to make my manicure last for up to 3 weeks, and the entire process usually takes me about 15 minutes from start to finish.
But there is definitely a learning curve. When I first started wearing these, nails were popping off after a few days. Like any product, nothing is perfect, so I recommend keeping your nail glue in your purse so that if any accidents happen, you can quickly correct them. There’s nothing worse than being out and about, losing a nail and not having a way to fix it. Speaking from experience 😬Like I said, this is not the norm…but just being transparent.
When you are ready to take your nails off, you can soak them in warm water + a little soap for 10 minutes. Pop the nails off from the sides. If the nails aren’t easily coming off, soak them longer or wait a few days to prevent any damage.
I applied the nails in these photos 2 and a half weeks ago and I’m wearing them right now! None have come off, but my nails are growing really fast, so I’ll probably need to re-apply them soon. Remember, you get $5 off your first order of Static Nails with my link!
Have you ever tried a press-on manicure before? I hope these tips were helpful!