Today I’m talking about something that we haven’t covered yet- anxiety. This is something that’s been on my heart a lot lately, as I’ve been extra anxious the last few weeks (cue the holidays), and have been dealing with anxiety for many years as a not-so-fun side effect of PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome- see my post about this here).
Whenever I have anxious bouts, it negatively impacts the way I view myself, and the way I treat myself and the people around me. Anyone who has ever dealt with anxiety knows that it’s hard to love yourself and be confident when you’re in an anxious state of being, but I find that whenever I do make it a priority to practice self-care, I feel a lot better.
Anxiety is something so many of us ladies deal with at some point in our lives, and practicing sself-love during these times is so important!
If you too struggle with anxiety, I see you. I feel you. I’ve been there (and might BE there). You are not alone!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: HOW I’M FOCUSING ON WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MYSELF
25 Ways to Practice Self Love & Reduce Anxiety
1. Look at yourself in the mirror and say 3 things you love about yourself.
2. Make a recipe you’ve had pinned on Pinterest for forever.
3. Call your best friend and laugh the night away.
4. Find a new nail polish color and paint your nails.
5. Take a long, hot bubble bath with your favorite candle.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: SIZE DOESN’T MATTER: LET’S STOP DEFINING OURSELVES BY A NUMBER ON A TAG
6. Go on a 30 minute walk.
7. Put on your favorite playlist and belt it as loud as you can.
8. Treat yourself to a new pair of shoes (like the ones I’m wearing!).
9. Take yourself on a date (to the movies, out to dinner, for ice cream, etc.).
10. Diffuse some essential oils (amazing for reducing anxiety- these ones are my fave).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: HOW TO BE CONFIDENTLY COLORFUL AT ANY SIZE
11. Get dressed up in something that makes you feel beautiful, even if you have no where to go!
12. Eliminate people from your life who no longer make you happy.
13. Get a new water bottle so you’re always hydrated.
14. Watch the Notebook and have a good cry.
15. Put on a face mask and laugh at how ridiculous you look.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 5 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO START FEELING MORE CONFIDENT
16. Make a really big, healthy salad and eat it for lunch or dinner.
17. Write down 5 things you’ve accomplished this year.
18. Stop weighing yourself every morning (you’ll be a LOT happier, trust).
19. Read a book that makes you feel something.
20. Do yoga or meditate.
21. Do a digital detox and unplug for a few hours.
22. Treat yoself to a massage.
23. Go through your closet and donate anything you haven’t worn in 18 months to a local charity.
24. Remind yourself of who you are- a confident, capable, beautiful bo$s.
25. Pop open your favorite bottle of wine and pair it with a good movie.
Practicing self love is a process, but I promise the more you do it, the better you’ll feel! Taking these actions always helps me feel less anxious, and I hope they can be helpful to you, too.
What are some ways you practice self care? Thank you so much for reading and sharing!
My outfit details: Rose Gold Nike Air Max ’97, love these ones too | Love sweatshirt (under $30) | Black and white striped top | High waisted leggings (the comfiest ever!) | Tory Burch mini tote (large is sold out) | Diff Eyewear sunglasses | Michael Kors rose gold tortoise watch | Rose gold Mantraband cuff
love the graphic you’ve created for this post!!! my go-to’s for self-care are definitely the walking (my FAVE!), painting my nails and putting on a face mask. and also eating dessert because it makes me happy 🙂
Thank you so much! Eating dessert is a great one haha. I know you love your walks, they are such a great way to clear your mind and feel refreshed.
Love these ideas! My anxiety has been super high recently because of the end of the semester, so I’ll have to try some of these.
Kate, I feel you girl! I hope they help <3
This is such a great list! I am going to print it out so I can have an easy list to look at when I feel like I need to give myself a little love 🙂
Addison, that’s awesome! I’m so happy that this was helpful to you.
Thanks for stopping by!
Love these tips! Working out consistently, meditating and using aromatherapy have helped with my anxiety so much. It’s definitely a work in progress though…
Thanks Angelica! It’s definitely a work in progress, but the more we work at it, the better it gets 🙂
#8 and 11 are my definite go to’s
Haha, those ones are some of my favorites too 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Oil diffusers with lavender really calm me down when life gets hectic and stressful
Agreed, Cassandra! I am so obsessed with my essential oils, they’re the best.
what does plaquenil do to your body