I’ve always had an affinity for the finer things in life, but haven’t always had a budget that matched.
Growing up, my mom was the queen of sales and coupons (in fact, she still is). Whenever there was a sale at Target or Walmart or Macy’s (you get the picture), we were the first ones there.
I remember waking up on the weekends and helping my mom dig through all of the sale fliers to see what stores we should hit up later that day. We’d head out to the department stores and spend hours shopping, never paying full-price for anything. It was like hunting for treasure.
Ten plus years later, and I still rarely ever pay full price…even when I shop online! Although those beloved paper coupons aren’t an option when shopping online, there are plenty of other ways to save money and get those deals.
And I know what you’re thinking…Ain’t nobody got time to search, test and find codes that actually work. Trust me, neither do I! All of the money saving tools I’m sharing today have Google Chrome extensions that do all the work for you!
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see full disclosure.
The Best & Easiest Ways to Get Online Coupon And Promo Codes
Pin this for later!
Rakuten (formerly E-bates)
This tool not only gives you amazing discount codes at all of your favorite stores, but also allows you to earn CASH on every purchase. I just started using Rakuten, and have already earned $165.33…just by doing what I already do, shop!
This may be my favorite way to get online coupon and promo codes! Get started here.
Honey is a free website and Google Chrome extension that aggregates all of the best online promo codes and applies them for you at checkout. Yep, you heard right. It automatically finds and tests all of the potential coupon codes out there so you don’t have to.
This extension works on tons of websites including Amazon, and I’ve been using it for the last two years. It’s extremely easy to use and saves you a TON of money with little to no effort. Here are some other details:
- Instantly tells you if you have the best price on all of your favorite websites (including those sites that seem like they never have sales, see below)
- Gives you up to 20% cash back on purchases at over 3,700 online retailers including Amazon, Sephora, eBay and more
- Let’s you create a “DropList” so you’ll always know the best time buy your favorite products
- Tells you when your favorite stores are having sales or there’s an opportunity to earn extra cash back
All in all, this extension is a must-have for all my savvy shoppers out there. Download the extension here.
You may also like: HOW I EARN AIRLINE MILES BY SHOPPING ONLINE (NO CREDIT CARD REQUIRED!)
Wikibuy is crowd-powered virtual shopping assistant website and extension that finds users the best promo codes on the internet. I use this one in conjunction with Honey to ensure I’m getting the best deals possible.
Here are some other details about Wikibuy:
- Automatically finds the best coupon codes from over 1 million users and applies them at check out so you get the best deal possible. So if I eat, you’re eating too!
- Tells you if you’re getting the best price on whatever product you’re looking at on Amazon and the rest of the internet
- Sends you an email when something you want to buy goes on sale
- Let’s you earn loyalty points which you can then use to buy things like gift cards, Fitbits, TVs and more
Join the over 1 million savvy shoppers and download the Wikibuy extension here.
You may also like: THE 13 BEST ONLINE SHOPPING SITES FOR CUTE AND AFFORDABLE CLOTHING
If you haven’t been living under a rock the last 10 years, then you’re probably familiar with RetailMeNot. They are the OG of online coupon codes, and have recently launched a Google Chrome and Firefox extension that makes it even easier to use their library of promo codes with no searching required.
Here are some other details about the Genie:
- “Works like magic” and instantly searches all of RetailMeNot to get you the best coupon code and automatically applies it at checkout
- Finds you the best cash back offer, then applies it at checkout
- Works on all of the websites that RetailMeNot supports including Amazon, Groupon, Anthropologie and more
- Their website claims that people save an average of $15 on their purchases
One final note: you’ll get the best deals if you use all 3 of these tools together because teamwork makes the dream work.
I hope this piece helps you on your journey to being a super savvy shopper! What is your favorite way to find online coupon codes?
Thanks so much for reading and sharing!