This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see full disclosure.
Do you have oversized tops or tunics in your closet that you don’t know how to style? I love a good baggy shirt, but sometimes I want a more fitted look to show off my curves.
The knotting technique is so effortless and transforms your entire look from boxy to chic in under 10 seconds. I love styling my baggy and oversized tops (like this Free People thermal) with a knot-tie, and it’s a great alternative to tucking your top into your bottoms (which can get boring).
This statement knot has become one of my go-to styling tricks lately (Doug calls it my signature knot haha), and I frequently get asked how to do it. Today’s post will walk you through the easy steps to create the knotted look with all of your T-shirts, tunics and blouses!
Scroll to learn how to achieve the perfect knot with step-by-step instructions + a video tutorial!
How to Tie A Knot In Your T-shirts, Tunics and Blouses
1. Put on a t-shirt, blouse or tunic that has at least 4 inches of of material to grab. This styling method works best with an oversized or baggy top, it won’t work as well with a fitted top.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: THE 13 BEST ONLINE SHOPPING SITES FOR CUTE AND AFFORDABLE CLOTHING
2. Grab a handful of material from the bottom of your shirt starting at your belly button.
3. Once you’ve secured a good amount of material, start twisting it. You can pull it pretty tight, because once you knot the shirt, it will loosen up.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: HOW I EARN AIRLINE MILES BY SHOPPING ONLINE (NO CREDIT CARD REQUIRED!)
4. Create a loop with your twisted material and pull it through like you’re tying a knot. If there is any excess fabric, tuck it into the knot to create the style that I’m rocking in this post.
5. Make sure the knot is secure and enjoy your new upgraded look!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: THE BEST PLACES TO SHOP FOR CUTE AND AFFORDABLE ACCESSORIES
Are you a fan of the knot tie trend? If you’ve never tried it, I hope you feel confident enough to after reading this post!
Thank you so much for reading and sharing!
Outfit details: Peach Tunic- similar, also love this for a knot top! | High waisted black jeans | Oliver Peoples Cat Eye Sunglasses | Double hoop gold earrings
SO cute!!!! I love doing this with workout tops too during class so I can see my stomach muscles better (and to make sure they’re working…)
Thanks babe! The knot works great for athletic wear and is perfect for work outs 🙂
I seriously needed this article!
I’m so happy it was helpful! Thanks so much for stopping by 🙂