Tis’ the season for pumpkin spice sangria!
Anyone else shook that it’s almost Thanksgiving….and almost Christmas? I’m so excited for the holidays (per usual), but I can’t help but feel like time is flying by. Besides creating delicious sangria and cocktail recipes, I also just started a new job as Director of Community Marketing at Her Campus Media (pinch me!), and launched a new holiday collection at Wine Style Shop! It’s a really exciting time and I’m feeling extremely grateful.
Enough about me…back to the pumpkin spice sangria. Freaking. Delicious. I’d personally never had anything like this, but with all of the PSL content taking over my Instagram timeline, it got me curious about how it would translate into a cocktail. It did not disappoint!
Since it’s just me and Doug and I had no occasion for this sangria, I made it a single-serve cocktail. If you want to make this in a larger batch for a dinner party, Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving or any other fall gathering, I’ll include those measurements as well!
This pumpkin spice sangria would be PERFECT to serve the morning of Thanksgiving while you’re cooking in the kitchen and/or avoiding your relatives.
Pumpkin Spice Sangria Recipe (Single Serve)
Ingredients (Single Serve)
- 3-5 apple slices
- Handful of ice
- 2 TBSP pumpkin pureé
- 1 oz brandy
- 4 oz white wine (I used unoaked chardonnay, but any dry white will work)
- 2 oz apple cider
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1 oz pumpkin cinnamon roll syrup OR 1.5 TBSP maple syrup
- Optional- splash of ginger ale or prosecco
- Optional- candied ginger and cinnamon stick garnish.
Instructions ( Single Serve)
- Fill wine glass with ice and apple slices.
- Add more ice, the pumpkin pureé, brandy, white wine, apple cider, pumpkin seasoning and syrup to your shaker glass.
- Shake vigorously until everything is blended.
- Using a strainer, pour the mixture into your wine glass.
- Top with optional ginger ale or prosecco. Garnish with candied ginger and a cinnamon stick.
Pumpkin Spice Sangria Recipe (Big Batch)
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 apples, sliced
- 3/4 cup pumpkin pureé
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 1 bottle of white wine (I used unoaked chardonnay, but any dry white will work)
- 1.5 cups apple cider
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pumpkin cinnamon roll syrup OR maple syrup
- Optional- 1/2 cup of ginger ale or prosecco
Instructions (serves 6)
- Fill your pitcher with brandy, pumpkin pureé, apple cider, pumpkin spice seasoning, cinnamon, and syrup of choice.
- Stir until well mixed and the pumpkin is dissolved.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Pour your bottle of wine into your pitcher and stir well.
- Add in sliced apples.
- Optional- top with ginger ale or prosecco.
- Enjoy with friends and family!
I hope this sangria recipe brings you as much joy as it brought me! While I did try it without the pumpkin cinnamon roll syrup and loved it, the syrup really puts it over the edge! I also use it in my iced coffee and it’s divine.
I would love to hear what you think, so be sure to tag me on Instagram @roseandchambray if you make it.
I hope you have a healthy, happy, and fabulous Thanksgiving holiday!