Wondering what wines or cocktails to serve or bring to your Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners this year? I got you!
Most of the time, I’m the literal embodiment of the 🤷🏽♀️emoji anytime someone asks me to decide what I want to eat or drink. I like to have lots of options on hand because I’m indecisive AF🤣 Because I am this way, I like to plan my food and drink menu way ahead of time! The holidays can be stressful enough, so I’m here to give you a helping hand with some of my top recommendations for the holidays.
Here are over a dozen wine and cocktail recommendations for you to consider that will pair well with most traditional holiday foods!
Wines And Cocktails You Should Serve On Thanksgiving And Christmas
• Mimosas: Try a mimosa with apple cider, pomegranate juice or pear juice!
• Pinot Noir: Choose one from a cool-climate region like Burgundy, Willamette, or Sonoma. My pick: La Crema Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
• Zinfandel: This is a great choice if you have any smoked foods on your menu! My pick: Macchia Wines Zinfandel
• Gamay: This fruity wine will pair well with most cheeses, casseroles, ham and crudités. Try a Beaujolais Nouveau or branch out with a Cru Beaujolais! My pick: Louis Jadot Beaujolais Villages
• Cabernet Sauvignon: Because there’s always that one person who “only drinks Cab.” This would be great to have if you serve prime rib at your holiday dinners. My pick: Farniente Winery or Freakshow Cabernet Sauvignon
• Sauvignon Blanc: Stick with an old-world style wine from Sancerre or Sonoma and avoid a New Zealand-style wine. My pick: La Crema Sonoma Coast Sauvignon Blanc or any Sancerre
• Chardonnay: I always like to have something medium-bodied, fruity, complex and oaked. My pick: One Hope Vitner Collection Chardonnay
• Brut Champagne: This will pair with most foods, plus it’s a holiday, so why not! My pick: Champagne Taittinger
• Rosé Champagne: Fruity, light and delicious. My pick: Stuyvesant Champagne
• Off-Dry Sparkling Wine: Something a little sweet to drink as an aperitivo. Prosecco would also be great! My pick: One Hope Sparkling Wine Collection
Hope this was helpful!
What wines are you excited to have on your table this holiday season?🥂